Are you an athlete looking for comfortable shoes for your sports? Does the already existing pair hinders you in excelling in your chosen sport? If so, then Saucony Men’s Guide 9 Running Shoes is the ideal choice for you as it provides a comfy feel when worn.
Four businesspeople established Saucony in 1898 in Kutztown, Pennsylvania, two years after the first Olympic Marathon. The factory was built in a two-story brick building but soon gained enough popularity that by 1910, it was manufacturing 800 shoes a day. In 1977, its shoes were termed as “Best Quality” by the Consumer Reports Magazine and till now, is the most favorite brand of many athletes.
Saucony Men’s Guide 9 weigh around 275 grams or 9.7 ounces for a size of US 9. It is the perfect weight for running shoes and has materials that are light in weight yet provide support and comfort to the athlete.
These shoes have a heel height of 26mm, forefoot height of 20mm, and 8mm heel-to-drop. The 8mm drop indicates that the shoes lean slightly to the front without affecting the levelness that they deliver.
There are three color combinations available for the customers to choose from:
- Blue / Slime / Black
- Grey / Blue / Orange
- Midnight / Citron / Orange
The design of the Saucony Guide 9 has seen some changes compared to its previous version, Guide 8, regarding overlays. The Saucony Guide 9 contains stitched-on overlays only on the medial side of the shoe, which needs the greatest support. On the lateral side, stitched-on overlays are replaced by no-sew overlays except at the cupping of the heel. The no-sew overlays on the toe area are wider and more open.
Elements of The Shoe
Flex Grooves makes the forefoot more flexible.
XT-900, a carbon rubber compound, throughout the outsole gives a durable grip to the runner.
Injection Blown Rubber (IBR+), a lightweight, flexible material in the forefoot, gives the shoe extra softening and a responsive run.
EVERUN, a receptive cushioning material, helps in dispersing force over a significant area.
SSL EVA, Saucony’s finest midsole material, makes the shoe light in weight, durable and bouncy.
SRC Landing Zone acts as a shock absorber to keep the foot firm for smooth moves.
Medial Post in the midfoot helps prevent the rolling of foot inwards more than usual.
The entire upper is covered by an open mesh, which is a lightweight and breathable material.
RUNDRY Collar Lining absorbs the moisture caused by sweat.
ComfortLite Sockliner, a re-designed sock liner, reduces the pressure on the forefoot and relieves the heel and the arch.
HRC Strobel Board stitched fully on the upper delivers a responsive and improved cushioning and a soft sensation under the feet.
- Durability: All the materials, be it the upper, the midsole, or the outer sole, used in the manufacture of Saucony Guide 9 shoes are durable and long lasting. The SSL EVA in the midsole does not only provide comfort but also adds durability and quality to the shoes. The HRC Strobel Board in the upper makes it durable. Also, the XT-900 and the IBR+ in the forefoot of the sole are also combined to increase the life of its shoes by protecting it from wear and tear.
- Flexibility: The stiffness of the Saucony Guide 9 is a 5 out of 10. It implies that the shoes are not too stiff for the foot. Instead, it allows the runners to move their feet freely and are flexible.
- Fit and Sizing: The shoes fit perfectly on anyone having a normal-sized narrow feet, with the heel size, forefoot size and mid-foot size lying in a medium range. The width available for men is the D-sized.
- Breathability: The open mesh at the upper area of the shoes is made up of a soft, breathable material that lets air into the shoes and keeps the feet of the runners dry. Moreover, the RUNDRY Collar Lining prevents moisture building onto the feet from providing a firmer grip onto the shoes.
- Cushioning: The Saucony Guide 9 has a heel-cushioning of 7 out of 10. This high rate is evidence that the heels of the shoes are nicely cushioned and provide excellent support to the runners. The forefoot cushioning is rated an 8 out of 10. The ultimate cushioning level and comfort are provided by the rubber in the forefoot area, which is anticipated to provide momentum and responsiveness.
- Stability: The stability of the shoes has been rated a 9 out of 10. The exceptional steadiness of the shoe given by the Medial Post in the midfoot helps prevent overpronation. Also, the foot arch is well designed to deliver a steady run to the runners. In short, the shoe provides all the stability that will lead to better foot movement without any pain.
- A soft cushioning system that protects the foot from any hit or strike. The insole Power Grid provides a comfortable wear and a smooth bounce for jumps.
- The Saucony Guide 9 is not at all restricted to running but is engineered in a way to cater to the needs of its customers like training, walking or jogging.
- The whole shoe is manufactured with materials that are highly durable, giving it a longer life as compared to its competitors.
- The shoes do not fit perfectly on those who have wider feet.
- The shoes are available in bright colors only. Due to this reason, it might not be popular among athletes with a liking of softer pastel colors.
The shoes are not only designed for athletes but are and can be used for many activities like workouts, sessions in the gym, and fitness classes. Its users are increasing in number day by day due to the immense satisfaction and appreciation it has been receiving from its current users. They are happy with the comfortable feel that it provides when worn and its flexibility.