Running in unsuitable and ill-fitting shoes can be a disaster, particularly if you plan on running for long distances or on uneven terrains. A poor choice in footwear can result in foot pain, back pain, runner’s knee, Achilles tendinitis and other such conditions. Thus, these shoes can do more harm than the good you had expected when you started running.
To avoid facing these circumstances, go for the Mizuno Wave Rider 18 Running Shoes that provide runners with a more responsive and resilient ride. These shoes offer a superb underfoot sensation while creating a more harmonious fit that works with the athlete at every stride.
For men and women, the shoes have a width availability of sizes D and B. The heel, midfoot, and forefoot is in medium size. The Mizuno Wave Rider 18 Running Shoes have the sizing and fit that will match the standard size of the foot.
The stretch mesh gives a snug fit so that even narrow feet can run flawlessly well without worrying about the loose upper.
Many runners appreciate the design, particularly the color combinations of the shoes that help contribute to their aesthetic aspect.
The weight of the shoes is 272 grams for the men’s version while the women’s version weighs 235 grams. The heel height of the shoes is 33 mm for women and 35.1 mm for men, which is considered to be perfect for smooth landing and takeoff for each step.
The forefoot height of the running shoes is 21 mm for the men’s version and 21.3 mm for the women’s version. Having a heel to toe drop of 12.1 mm in men’s shoes and 11.7 mm in women’s shoes, the toe offers a responsive transition to improve and better each step as you run.
Elements of The Shoe
The Blown rubber, Flex Controllers, and the X10 carbon rubber are used to manufacture the outer sole of the running shoes. These make them not only highly durable but are also intended to provide responsiveness, flexibility, and cushioning. The Wave Plate is molded to adjust to the shape of your foot.
The midsole of the Wave Rider 18 Running Shoes is composed of exclusive Mizuno technologies, including the Mizuno Wave technology, the Smooth Ride technology, Extended Wave Plate, Gender Engineering flex grooves and Intercool ventilation system.
The innovative midsole is made up of U4ic materials, which makes it lightweight yet responsive. It gives superb cushioning to support the motion of the foot and the natural pronation control of a broad range of runners. Whether you are a mild overpronator or a moderate underpronator, with this Wave Rider, your daily running and training will be more fun and less painful.
The upper part of the Wave Rider Running Shoes is made from the AIRmesh, a cool and breathable upper mesh. It is designed with a beautifully printed set of overlays that are sewed and attached to the mesh, mostly on the lateral and medial side.
- Durability: From the outsole to the insole, the Mizuno Running Shoes are constructed and built using highly durable materials. The outer sole is made from blown rubber that keeps the sole highly durable, particularly in high wear areas. The stretch Dynamotion Fit materials that are used in the upper of the shoes are also long-lasting and durable as each corner is stitched to the shoe.
- Flexibility: The Blown rubber, X10 carbon rubber, and the Flex Controllers are materials that make the running shoes flexible.
- Breathability: The AIRmesh is a breathable mesh material that is used for the upper so that the shoes keep the foot in a ventilated and cool condition while you are running. Furthermore, the Ortholite sockliner helps manage sweat and odor.
- Cushioning: The Wave Rider 18 has a heel cushioning rate of 8 out of 10 for the men’s version of shoes, whereas the women’s version is rated 9 out of 10. Since the heel of the shoes is improved with the flex grooves, you will find the cushioning to be reliable and comfortable, especially if you are a neutral runner. The cushioning of the forefoot is rated 5 out of 10 for the men’s version and 6 out of 10 for the women’s version. The flex controllers make the forefoot flexible and perfectly cushioned for improved foot movement and resilient transition.
- Stability: The stability of the shoes is rated 6 out of 10 for both the men’s and women’s versions. The shoe is stable enough for those who tend to overpronate as well as for neutral runners. The design suits a broad range of athletes who have different pronation control while running due to the adequate and adjusted stability of the shoe.
- The shoes offer a stable, smooth, and springy ride.
- It has Flex controllers that result in better resilient transition.
- Made from breathable material to keep your feet cool and ventilated.
- It has lightweight cushioning for the heel strikers with a firm feel underfoot.
- The fitting of the upper is great with an accommodating toe box.
- It barely has any reflectivity.
- The heel area of the shoes is loose.
- The inner seams irritate when worn with thin socks or barefoot.
- It is too stiff to provide high mileage comfort.
The Mizuno Wave Rider 18 Running Shoes are excellent shoes for runners who are in search of a neutral running shoe to wear while working out, training, or on high mileage running. Those runners who wear orthotics will be able to benefit from this shoe as well.
It is a responsive and lightweight type of running shoe particularly designed to offer comfort and support to neutral runners. Although it is a neutral training shoe, it can also be worn for any race day and long distance running. The Wave Rider 18 is built to endure road, tracks, and gravel terrain.