Are you an athlete with wide feet and looking for sports shoes? Do you wish to buy one that is light in weight yet comfortable? If so, then ASICS GT-2000 3 Running Shoes is the smartest choice.
ASICS was founded by Kichario Onitsuka in 1949. The company evolved after Kichario Onitsuka observed the children of Japan roaming in the streets barefoot. His main objective was to give these kids a bright future by providing them with top-class athletic shoes to excel athletically.
Soon after the foundation of the firm was laid, the first shoes named as ‘Tiger’ was released. Due to the wide acceptance and appreciation of the first model, the company progressed by introducing more of this kind over many years.
GT-2000 3 Running Shoes, the lightest shoes introduced by ASICS in 20 years, weigh around 339 grams or 11.9 ounces for a size of US 11. They are made of synthetic metallic texture and are available in a range of colors to choose from.
The heel measures around 30 mm and the forefoot is approximately 20 mm high, providing it a semi-curved shape. It is available in sizes from US 7 to US 14.
ASICS offers four widths for you to choose from. They include B, D, 2E and 4E.
The new external heel tends less to push the foot forward. The heel is far away from the foot compared to the heel stiffener, which is comparatively nearer. This leaves some opening in the front as the foot sits further out in the rear.
The previous versions of the shoes contained two different overlays: synthetic leather and welded overlays. However, now the overlay is reduced to a single synthetic nubuck, which reduces the top down pressure on a small toe.
The thinner mesh on the sides, as well as the upper part, has bigger holes as compared to the previous ones, giving good ventilation to the runners.
Elements of The Shoe
Contains ASICS High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR), which is carbon rubber actually, in the heels to give the shoes a long lasting life.
For extra softening and flexibility, the DuraSponge in the forefoot is made from AHAR compound.
- Rearfoot and forefoot silicone gel cushioning acts as a shock absorber to reduce the impact of any hit on the shoe.
- FluidRide gives you a light, comfy feel when wearing the shoes along with a longer life.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) design produces a 10 mm heel to toe drop, giving a smooth and balanced finish.
- Dynamic DuoMax controls the movement of the foot, hence decreasing its excessive rotation.
- The Trusstic System, a trivial additional system, provides extra firmness to the twisting of the ankle.
- Guidance Line, a vertical hollow arch, at the forefoot provides a better running efficiency.
- Open mesh allows breathable exposure.
- The Heel Clutching System employs a harder outer covering on the heel to hold it firmly.
- Discrete Eyelets are placed in such a way to evenly distribute tension over the shoes and boost comfort.
- ComforDry Sockliner is manufactured by an antibacterial material and absorbs moisture, lessens odor, and offers extra softening to the shoes.
- The heel crash pad is bigger than the previous versions of the shoe and is shaped in a half-oval shape rather than a triangle.
- Speed: The GT-2000 3 will give you a feel of faster running as compared to other shoes due to the new FluidRide installed in the midsole that gives bounce back with less weight.
- Comfort: Also, the shoe has a great fit with the perfect shape and vamp mesh and avoids soreness of the toes. The padding on the upper sole is soft and malleable and provides the athlete with adequate support. The sock liner and tongue are cushioned in the right amount to give a relaxing feel when the shoe is worn.
- Stability: Moreover, the GT-2000 3 has a high percentage of forefoot and heel stability. Its advanced features, the Dynamic DuoMax and Guidance Line, provides the runner with an easy and stable run. The Trusstic System also provides additional stability by preventing the twisting of ankles while running.
- Breathability: The open mesh in the upper sole makes the shoes breathable, giving the athlete’s feet outlet to fresh air, which prevents moisture from sweat to be build up in the shoe. The ComforDry Sockliner also delivers a moisture-free, odorless wear to the athlete.
- Durability: Furthermore, the GT-2000 3 running shoes are flexible as well as durable. They are manufactured in a way that gives them a tough outer covering yet keeping them light in weight. The carbon rubber used in their production prevents wear and tear, thus giving them a longer life.
Pros and Cons
The ASICS GTA-2000 3 Running Shoes are best suited for athletes with wider feet for longer running. They provide comfortable style at an affordable price as compared to its other competitors. Despite the fact, they are not as lightweight as others but are more breathable than their previous models. They have a slightly loose heel but contain even cushioning from heel to forefoot. Although the Dynamic DuoMax provides minor support, the effective midfoot shaft covers it up.
The ASICS GTA-2000 3 customers are highly satisfied with its performance on the whole. They are happy with the comfy texture of the shoes along with its durability. The stiffened sole has been appreciated, as it provides a firmer grip for quick transitions, as well as the lower heel compared to the previous versions of the shoes.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a pair of these shoes and enjoy your favorite sports comfortably without any foot injury.