Running shoes are designed especially to guide and cushion your foot and ankle movement. If you have ever suffered from hip pain, painful ankles or sore feet after running, then the reason might be because you are not wearing the right type of running shoes.
Selecting the appropriate running shoes can be quite challenging, considering the broad range of different shoes that is available in the market. ASICS GEL-Nimbus 17 Running Shoes are constructed using the latest technologies from the world-recognized performance shoe manufacturers.
The shoes feature an open mesh coverage, Heel Clutching System, ComforDry sockliner, Personal Heel Fit (P.H.F.), discrete eyelets, FluidRide Technology, Solyte 45 foam, Guidance Trusstic System, Guidance Line, and the Asics High Abrasion Rubber outsole to provide a reliable and responsive platform for running.
The ASICS GEL-Nimbus neutral 17 running shoes will perfectly fit runners who have medium-sized feet. With a heel height of 36.6 mm for the men’s version and 39.2 mm for women’s version, the shoes provide adequate protection to your heel, particularly when you encounter a terrain that has debris along the way.
The forefoot height of men’s running shoes is 26.6 mm, while for the women’s shoes, it is 26.3 mm. For the men’s version of the shoes, the heel to toe drop measures 10 mm and for women’s version, it measures 12.9 mm.
The weight of men’s running shoes is 306 grams (10.7 ounces), whereas the women’s version weighs 249 grams (8.7 ounces).
Elements of The Shoe
Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is found in the heel of the running shoes. AHAR is a carbon rubber material that offers outstanding durability to the shoe. Due to this rubber, the shoes have the capability to provide excellent grip to the ground without the durability being reduced.
To increase the durability of the Asics Gel Nimbus shoes and decrease its weight, the midsole of the running shoes has the FluidRide technology. This technology is also used in providing exceptional cushioning, which is vital while running so that the shoe will have improved shock absorption.
The shoes have a lightweight support system known as the Guidance Trusstic System, which enhances the resistance of the shoes to the twisting forces. Moreover, the Asics Gel Nimbus 17 has the Guidance Line, a flex groove that contributes to the improvement of gait efficiency.
The shoes have the Impact Guidance System design that provides a heel-to-toe transition which is balanced and smooth.
The upper portion of the Asics running shoes has features that provide excellent fit, cushioning, breathability and comfort. The open mesh in the upper offers breathability to keep the feet dry and cool while running. This cooling effect is essential, specifically for those athletes who run for long hours.
Furthermore, the shoes have a ComforDry sockliner that is made with antibacterial material to help minimize the moisture and odor inside the shoes and provide additional cushioning. Besides, you will also feel more satisfied with this shoe due to the Discrete Eyelets, which get rid of the lace tension.
There is also Strobel Last with the upper that is joined to the Solyte 45 Foam, to give a soft underfoot feel and enhanced cushioning.
- Durability: The running shoes offer high durability because of the FluidRide midsole technology, DuraSponge Outsole, Lightweight Reinforced Vamp, and several more. Due to these features, you can confidently run without being concerned about the shoe suddenly breaking down.
- Flexibility: The forefoot of the shoes is made up of blown Rubber (AHAR), which keeps responsive cushioning and flexibility in check during runs.
- Breathability: The ComforDry X-40 sockliner provides excellent moisture management and features a high-level of breathability.
- Cushioning: When buying running shoes, you should make sure that there is sufficient cushioning in the heel to protect your feet against the debris on the ground. The heel cushioning of the Asics Gel Nimbus 17 running shoes is rated 7 out of 10 for the men’s version, while the women’s version is rated a perfect 10, which means that the shoes are reliable with the heel cushioning. The forefoot also needs to be cushioned adequately to make sure that a running experience is free from pain and discomfort. Both the men’s and women’s versions of the shoes are rated 9 out of 10 for the forefoot cushioning.
- Stability: The stability of the Asics Gel Nimbus 17 is rated 3 out of 10, which means that this shoe does not possess many stability features.
- The shoes offer a comfortable and soft run because of the increased midsole cushioning.
- The outsole of the shoes is long-lasting for running longer miles.
- A wide array of pretty colors is available to choose from.
- Super soft cushioning prevent your feet from feeling pain, injury and discomfort.
- The open mesh in the upper offers breathability to keep the feet cool and dry.
- The shoes are comparatively lightweight.
- The shoes have a shallower toe bumper.
- Relatively expensive when compared with other shoes.
These running shoes are ideal for terrains such as road, track, and gravel. With an excellent grip, you will be able to enjoy running as you do not have to worry about slipping on the ground. They are suited for neutral runners or those athletes with medium arches since the shoes keep the foot from rolling inward during the heel to toe transition.
Runners having high arches or experiencing supination (under pronation) can also use the Asics Nimbus 17 as it corrects the pronation and protects the runner from injuries.
These running shoes are ideal for runners who are in search of a daily trainer that provides an adequate amount of cushioning while maintaining a stable and reliable ride. These shoes will not only boost your performance but will also offer breathability and comfort.