For runners, selecting the right running shoes is as significant as purchasing a house or a car; they tend to spend a lot of time in choosing them and are not satisfied until they find something comfortable, durable and breathable, as shoes can play a vital role in keeping them running strong. Also, with a number of different running shoes available, choosing one becomes quite challenging.
ASICS GEL Cumulus 17 Running Shoes are expertly designed to provide the excellent level of comfort along with an extraordinary ride. It is accompanied with high-end technologies of Asics that will offer everything that any runner needs.
The well-performing running shoes are available in a broad range of color themes for both, men’s and women’s so that the runners are given enough choices to match with their personal tastes.The men’s version of the shoes weighs about 323 grams or 11.4 ounces, whereas the weight of the women’s version is 266 grams or 9.4 ounces.
Based on the medium width, these shoes will be perfect for up to medium-sized mid-foot, heel, and forefoot. For both versions, the height of the heel is 23 mm, while the forefoot height is 13 mm and the heel to toe drop is of 10 mm. For the ideal sizing of this shoe, you should get a half-size bigger than your actual size so that it is not too tight for you.
Elements of The Shoe
Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in the heel is made up of the carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability and increases the traction of the shoes.
The DuraSponge Outsole in the forefoot consists of a blown AHAR compound to provide responsive cushioning, flexibility and protection.
The rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning system makes use of a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
FluidRide offers responsive cushioning with increased durability and reduced weight.
Guidance Line is a flex groove that runs vertically from the heel to the forefoot for better gait efficiency.
A lightweight support system, Guidance Trusstic System, gives additional torsional rigidity.
The Impact Guidance System (IGS) design creates a balanced and smooth heel-to-toe transition.
Gender Specific Cushioning makes use of an injected top layer of Solyte cushioning to provide additional comfort.
The open mesh on the upper helps in providing breathable coverage.
Seamless Upper Construction enables for irritation-free sockless wear.
Personal Heel Fit (PHF) uses a two-layer memory foam lining in the heel collar that provides an individualized fit.
Discrete Eyelets are independently fixed to enhance comfort and disperse lace tension.
ComforDry Sockliner is made from an antibacterial material to reduce moisture and odor and provide extra cushioning.
Strobel Last with the upper is sewed to SpEVA 45 Foam, for a soft underfoot feel and enhanced cushioning.
- Durability: As a runner, you have to make sure that you can get a pair of running shoes that are highly durable. ASICS GEL Cumulus 17 Running Shoes have various features that make them last longer than other shoes; such as the SoLyte Midsole, that improves the cushioning and durability of this shoe. The shoes also contain a sturdy material called Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) which consists of a particular rubber material that offers extraordinary durability.
- Flexibility: In the forefoot of the shoes, you will find the DuraSponge outsole that provides responsive flexibility.
- Breathability: The upper portion of the shoes is covered with an open mesh that offers excellent breathability. The material makes sure that the foot will stay cool and dry even when you run for long hours.The shoes help manage the heat and moisture in your feet, especially if you are running in a very hot and humid weather.
- Cushioning: The best thing about the GEL Cumulus 17 is the cushioning system. Both, the Forefoot and Rearfoot Gel Cushioning Systems make use of the silicone-based gel to have responsive shock absorption. While running, you cannot avoid the debris on the ground that is why your shoe should have enough heel cushioning for your heel to stay protected. For the men’s version of Cumulus 17 heel cushioning, it is rated 9 out of 10 and for women’s version, it is rated 8 out of 10. These ratings prove that the cushioning of the shoes is great. The forefoot cushioning for the men’s version is rated 6 out of 10, while for the women’s version, it is rated 5 out of 10. The ComfortDry Sockliner also improves the breathability and cushioning of the shoe.
- Stability: Since these running shoes are stiff, it implies that they are stable as well. The stability of the both versions, men, and women, are rated 4 out of 10, which means that the Asics Gel Cumulus has an average number of stability features.
With a seamless upper construction and sleek design, the ASICS Gel Cumulus 17 Running Shoes have brought a modern look to the Cumulus series. They are one of the running shoes that has several durability properties, which means you will not need to replace your shoes frequently. The shoes have a Pillowy ride and an excellent traction. The gel cushioning system of rearfoot and forefoot provides superb shock absorption. Moreover, the running shoes are very stable, firm, and their grip on the ground is great.
On the other hand, they weigh too much, and the toe box is quite small, which means that the runners with big feet will have a problem.
Perfect for normal training, the shoes can significantly boost your performance by providing you the comfort and support you require. You can keep on running for high mileages, and your feet will not hurt. The Asics Gel Cumulus 17 can be used for terrains such as road, track, and gravel. It contains all the features that you require surviving running on these terrains. With the outstanding breathability, comfort, and stability, these shoes are ideal for neutral pronator runners as they provide support to the neutral foot arch.